Sunday, April 7, 2013

Chris and Julie Update

Not to much to report new with us.  Chris enjoyed playing hockey this fall and winter with a men’s recreation league at the IBP Ice Center.  We never go to go out and watch because the games were always later on Sunday nights. The kids need their baths and I need to get organized for the work week.  Hopefully next winter we can make it out to an earlier game.

We are looking forward to a date night or two. We have tickets to the  upcoming Carrie Underwood concert.  Chris bought us tickets as a surprise to me.  I haven’t been to a concert in a long time and I would love to see her.  We have really enjoyed being in Sioux City and taking advantage of the Orpheum Theatre and the Tyson Events Center.  It really is wonderful to be able to take your children to fun shows.  The circus comes next week and we  (I am) excited for that.  Chris thinks the circus is boring. We LOVED Cirque du Soleil in January.  Wow!  I was impressed.  I think the theme of the show was a little too mature for the kiddos to grasp but I think they were pretty entertained throughout it.

Our ten year wedding anniversary is coming up this July.  Hooray!  I am really proud of us and all that we have been through together these last ten years.  I can’t wait for our weekend trip to Omaha for a nice hotel, a couple of quiet dinners, some shopping and laying by a quiet hotel pool with a yummy drink.

We also have an upcoming return trip to Cabo San Lucas, Mexico planned with Joe and Rena in October.  To say I am excited is an understatement.  We LOVED that place and the resort we went to in May 2011. Returning there will allow us to be a little more adventurous and leave the resort for more exploring than we did last time.  I think that after we get settled into our new house and get through the crazy summer months at the office I will be ready for a getaway!!

No comments:

Post a Comment