This photo illustrates so much about my energetic little girl. She plays hard, she eats fast and A LOT, she gives so much love to everyone, and she sleeps hard. She is my sweaty, hot child. Savannah often complains about being hot. As an infant she was always warm with clammy skin. We were often peeling off clothing to allow her to cool off.
Savannah is three and a half years old. I want to just stop time and have her this age forever. She is so darn smart sometimes I just can’t take it. She absorbs information like a sponge and just regurgitates it back out like we told her twenty times when she has only heard it once. She is so innocent, sweet, and loving. She often tells me that she wants to know what day it is so she will know if I have to go to work or not. She will smile at me and say, “Yes! No work for Mommy for three days!!” If I tell her tomorrow is Monday as I tuck her in, she says, “I will miss you tomorrow Mom.” The other night she said, “Mom, we should be together forever.” Her hand was on my cheek. It was the sweetest mommy/daughter moment.
Here is what is happening in Savannah’s life. She started the school year out at Angel House for her first year of preschool. She has really enjoyed her teacher Miss Flannery and her little classmates. Savvy loved Kindermusik with Jack. They had class on Monday nights September through December. She laughed so hard we could often hear her through the classroom door. Sometimes she would come out of the cold classroom and give me her jacket saying, “Mom I am so sweaty.” Ha. I would really like to put her in some theatre/music this summer. The imagination and creativity that comes out during these classes is amazing and I really love the thought of the kids being in theatre.
She has been in a preschool gymnastics class at Siouxland gymnastics since August. They are called the jellycats. It is on Wednesday nights and making the mad dash from the office to rush home, shovel some food in my mouth, get Landon and Savannah in the car…..lets just say that it is crazy. But so worth it. To watch her fly down the tumble track and jump into the pit….she loves it and it is great exercise. And if it weren’t for Chris, having Savannah ready in her leotard and Landon freshly changed, we wouldn’t make it on time. Savannah goes to class and Landon and I watch through the windows and I get my snuggle time alone with him.
We started swimming lessons on Tuesday and Thursday nights last month. We are in our second session and Savannah is really doing well. She has no fear and is swimming like a fish. She keeps a flotation backpack on for part of the lesson when they work on some strokes. She jumped off the board for the first time a couple of weeks ago. I was really proud of her….no whining clingy child here. And she was so proud of herself!!
Funnies by Savannah
One night Pop brought Jack and Savannah home from an outing. He had a large sucker for both kids. Jack wanted to eat his right away and I told him he could. Savannah wanted to save hers for tomorrow. Jack devoured his and I put Savvy’s on the kitchen counter for tomorrow. After the kids went to bed I had a work project to do. I worked on the laptop and after an hour felt the sweets craving kick in. I really struggle with the need for a sweet treat before bed. Of course we try not to buy unhealthy foods so there is absolutely nothing in the house that would help with my craving. Except Savannah’s sucker. So….to make a long story short I tried my best to quit thinking about/looking at her yummy lollipop. Whoops. Before I knew it, I ate it, reassuring myself that she would forget by tomorrow morning. Nope. First thing in the morning, she grinned at me saying, “After I eat a good breakfast Mom, I gonna eat my sucker from Pop!” I gulped. I could NOT believe she remembered!! Here was a moment…. I could lie to my daughter, or I could admit what I did and wait for the result. So I chose to tell the truth and admit my selfish deed. I got down at her eye level and explained. “Savannah, last night Mommy at your sucker. I am sorry honey.” Her eyes filled with tears. I felt terrible. She took a deep breath and let it out with a sigh. “That’s okay Mom. I can share my sucker with you. The next time we go to Fareway can I pick out a new one?” I couldn’t believe my ears. No actually I could. Savannah is just so darn good. I gave her the biggest hug and took her to Fareway that afternoon to pick out a jumbo BlowPop. And I promised myself to keep some sweets in the house so I can stop robbing my children.
One afternoon I heard Savannah say to Jack (after Chris sternly repeated to Jack not to do something). “Jack, you are not the parent. Daddy is the parent and you better listen to Daddy.”
We were folding laundry one Saturday morning and Savannah asked if she could wear my fleece hat that I wear to run outside. It always gets sweaty and gross so I wash it often. I told her, of course she could borrow it. She smiled so wide and said, “Thanks Mom, thanks for borrowing it to me.”
Whenever we drive by CherryBerry Savannah has to say this line. Every time. “Remember Mom, when we went to CherryBerry and those bad girls threw a rock at our car and that is called damage?” Both Jack and Savannah seem to think that the word damage is a naughty word. I think because it sounds like damn. Anyway, I explained what the word means, and any time they can fit it into a sentence they say it. Too funny. ![]()
No comments:
Post a Comment