Saturday, August 14, 2010

Playing Catch Up!

A couple of weekends ago I was very brave and took both kids to the Aquatic Center by myself.  Not smart.  It was too stressful to be fun.  Jack wanted to continue to go down the very fast slide over and over, but he could not get himself situated at the top of the slide by himself so I had to haul myself and Savannah up to the top then tell him to wait until he sees Mommy at the bottom of the slide (the orange one in the background) and then run as fast as I could while hearing the other little kids say to Jack, "hurry up and go!"  We would get ready for him to go, be drenched as he sped down the slide and then he would grin and do the "more" sign.  I definitely got my work out in.

These are the only pics I managed to get.

Savannah really does love the water.  She was so content to just sit and splash with no toys and no other kids to play with.

The Evans family came to visit us two weekends ago and I am just now catching up with blogging.  Libby, Joe and Kim came to Marshalltown with bunches of toys in tow for Jack.  A big Army Jeep, army men and all their gear, and tons of Hot Wheels cars.   Jack was in heaven.  We had a great time playing at the park, hanging out inside cooking dinner and making yummy cookie sundaes for dessert. 

Aunt Kim giving Jack a piggy back ride

Jack loved to play with Kim because she is SO silly

Unfortunately, I did not get any pictures of all of us together!  You know how teenagers are.  Libby and Joe would have looked at me like I was crazy if I started taking pictures of them. Hope fully they will return to Marshalltown soon for another fun weekend and I will have my camera ready.

Last Thursday, August 5th, was a very busy day for our family.  I had the day off work since we were heading to Sioux City for Luke's rehearsal dinner.  We went to Childserve in Ames first thing in the morning for Jack's therapy.  I have not been able to accompany the kids and Chris to therapy since I was on maternity leave.  Needless to say, all the therapists were surprised to see me. 

Savannah is very popular at Childserve.  Everyone knows her.  The therapists, receptionists, and other parents and other kids.  They just love her!  Can you blame them?

Jack was working on pedaling without his right AFO on.  He did really well.  I was definitely a distraction though.  I am sure he does much better when I am not around.  On Thursday mornings he has OT, PT, Speech and then Group Speech.  He is doing great with his potty training.  We brought the potty chair with us to Sioux City and we stopped along the side of the road a couple of times for Jack and he successfully went as the cars sped by!  No accidents in over three weeks!  I can truly call him potty trained.  Poo-poo trained? Not yet!

And here is the family of honor!  Courtney, Brooklynn and Luke on their special night!  The rehearsal dinner was held at the Blessed Sacrament Parish Center, hosted by my mom and Lyle.  It was a great dinner and tons of fun.

Jack loves his cousin Brook!

My Dad and his wife Rita, and their daughter, Ashley made the long trip from Montana to be with us for the weekend.  It was great to see them!  Savannah was able to meet her Grandpa and Grandma Roder.

My poor Dad!  We attempted three times, and in each photo is face is blocked!

This was my favorite part of the night, watching these three cuties do "ring a round the rosie!"


The BIG Day!! Friday August 6, 2010
Luke and Courtney are back from their honeymoon to Cancun and they had a great time.

THE SMOKIN' RODER FIVE

Mom and Amy before the wedding

Jack broke out the smiles after he made it halfway up the aisle

Our sleeping beauty!

Mom and Lyle and little Savvy

Nick and Luke

Chris and Joe

Jarrod and Chris

These guys had wayyy too much fun at the dance.

Luke and Courtney's dance was so much fun.  Greg and Rox took Jack and Savannah to their house to watch them so Chris and I could relax and have fun.  We were very appreciative!  The dance was awesome with tons of people on the dance floor, great music, and it was still going strong when our DD showed up.  Thanks Roxy for the ride home!!

My high school reunion was on Saturday night in Sioux City.  It was so fun to see lots of people who I hadn't seen in forever.  I can't believe high school was ten years ago already.

Me and Anne ditched our hubbies to talk with the girls.  They stayed close to the bar.

On Saturday morning I woke up to my children playing outside in the pool NAKED!  It was so cute to see them play and have so much fun in the pool Lolli bought them.

Whoa baby, I got myself a big girl!


Today is finally catch up day.  After a long week at work I am so glad to do nothing today but play with the kids, laundry, grocery shop and relax.  I sat outside this morning drinking some delicious hazelnut coffee while I watched my beautiful kiddos play in the front yard. 

And....as a preview of what is to come..... SAVANNAH IS WALKING!  I just have to catch it on video!

No comments:

Post a Comment