Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Charity Ball

002

Our first Marshalltown Charity Ball

004

I was so happy to find a time to wear Leah’s gorgeous bridesmaid dress again!  And I must say Chris looks pretty sharp in his new suit too!

005

Chris and his golfing buddy, Sam.  Even if I wasn’t a dentist I think I would have a great appreciation for that gorgeous smile!  You know who I am talking about!

006

Samantha and Kirsten

The Ball was at Elmwood, and we were not invited last year.  We were seriously snubbed.  Just kidding, but I did hear that you had to be nominated for an invite, and then only some that are nominated get invited.  Pretty stupid if you ask me.  However, I did want to know what all the fuss is about.  When you live in a smaller town, there isn’t much to do and Chris and I have learned that these things are considered BIG.  I was excited to be invited this year until I saw the price.  Jeez….we could go to Des Moines, shop, go out to eat, and spend the night in a hotel for what it costs.  But, it was to raise money for local charities,  so we thought we would go and see what it is all about.  My friend Samantha is on the league that plans it every year and she was the chair for decorating.  Which, honestly was the only thing that impressed me.  It really was beautiful and I cannot imagine all the work that went into decorating the entire country club.  The food was good, the band was terrible.  But, it was a night out involving some drinks, some laughter, and dressing up so I thought it was pretty fun.  My favorite part was seeing how everyone was dressed.  Some men in tuxes, most in dark suits.  Some women in evening gowns, furs (probably fake) and some in tea length dresses.  Even if we are here next year we probably won’t go.  I think my children have a sixth sense about these things.  They seem to know whenever I consume an ounce of alcohol and feel the need to wake up several times during the night, and at 5:20 the next morning.  Ahhh the joys of parenting.  Christina was so wonderful to come and watch the kiddos so we could go, and she even took our prom poses photos for us before we left.  Thank you Christina, especially for letting me go back to bed after you woke up….I owe you!

No comments:

Post a Comment