Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Budding Bakers….Christmas Cookies!

007

Now I know it is difficult….but please put your jealousy aside.  I know you all wish that these two extraordinary bakers could come to your house to make you some Christmas cookies. Unfortunately, Chris and I are going to keep them to ourselves and you will have to visit us in order to taste their delicious cookies.  Besides, you don’t even want to see how bad our kitchen looked afterwards.  The dust buster battery was dead when Chris was done with it.

009

Dough, check; mixing bowls, check; long spoons, check; mommy to tell us what to do next, check!!

011

Time for some serious stirring!

012

“Uh oh!”

Savannah insisted on doing her own sprinkles.  At first I thought she was going to cry when she discovered she couldn’t see her icing anymore.

013

Jack helped by licking his fingers and eating as many as the sprinkles as he could.

014

The first taste.  Let me remind you that Jack does not like icing….I think he forgot.

015

We had a great time making cookies, and then of course, eating up several when they were still warm.  I asked Chris when I got home from work how many he ate today.  He smiled and said, “Just six….so I could eat two more after dinner tonight for a nice even eight for the day!”  Hmmmm, must be nice to eat like that and never gain a pound.

No comments:

Post a Comment