Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Lohr Family Dentistry P.C.

globeprintoutedit

This was published in the Globe, the Catholic newspaper for the diocese of Sioux City.   Dr. T has a large Catholic population of patients, including the bishop, several priests and nuns.  He does a lot of free dental work for these patients and I have decided (gulp) that we will maintain these services as much as we are able.  It was fun to see this article in print…however I wasn’t a huge fan of the picture of us.  (I was too lazy to scan this properly, just snapped a pic with my iphone!)

drlohredit

The Sioux City Journal ran this ad five times for Dr. T. He put it in to do some initial advertising for me.  I was happy with this ad but the initial one was so terrible I would not have even posted it on the blog.  This one is a huge improvement. (Again, not a clear picture, just another iphone snap.)

Chris put small ads for the practice in the church bulletin to run for the whole year at St. Michael’s, his family parish, and at Blessed Sacrament, our family parish.  We have joined Blessed Sacrament.  It is the same church where Chris and I were married and Jack was baptized.

lohrddsedit

Here is my new business card!!  I was so excited to design it and order stationery and address labels.  I am a big nerd, but I think this stuff is fun. 

Chris has gotten started on our Facebook page and we are working on the website and a formal office/employee manual.  We are having an employee picture taken soon and Chris took photos of the outside of the office.  I haven’t taken pictures of the inside yet, but I need to because pretty soon the floors are going to be redone and Chris wants to paint several of the ops and it will look very different when it is done.  I want before and after photos!

Dr. T has been covering my maternity leave and things are going pretty well.  The only problems we have run into are a lot of hygiene failures. The office sends recall reminder cards and we call to confirm patients but we still have one or two fails per day per hygienist.  When you pay a hygienist as much as you do….it is terrible to have those fails in the schedule with no production.  I am not sure what other offices do…but we need to figure out how to reduce this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment