Happy Birthday buddy!
Dear Jack,
This past year you have been saying often, “Dad someday when I am big, when I am fifteen, I am going to (insert really fun grown up activity)!” For example, drive a big truck, mow the lawn with a riding mower, play golf with Tiger Woods (yuck), etc. You have so much enthusiasm for growing up. I always smile when you say this, however I do not share in your enthusiasm.
I feel like the five years have gone by like a snap of my fingers. Holding Landon makes me remember every detail when you were a newborn. He looks so much like you. I remember rocking you in your blue chair by the window on Westside Dr. Now you are my big five year old boy who says, “okay, here’s the deal Mom, Dad and I are going to wash the car, you and Savvy and Landon are going to stay here, and then we are all going to eat lunch.” You make us laugh all the time bud, and your Dad and I are always wondering what you are going to say next.
You love to know what the day holds, and you often ask what we are doing the next day when I tuck you into bed. Even if I list the entire days activities, you always say, “and then what?” You still love to take a nap with me. You are still QUITE the early riser and it is not uncommon to see your sweet face in the dark before 5:30 am. That means you are ready for a nap by 1:30 for sure. We read a book or two, and usually you say you are too tired to keep reading and want to go to sleep. When you wake up, you always smile the sweetest smile and announce, “we took a nap together Mom!”
You still LOVE to mow the lawn with anyone who will let you. Pop, Pa, Jarrod, Luke, Dad, all indulge you with mowing, trimming, and blowing. You are in heaven when yard work activities are being done. Jack, this past year you have accomplished so much, improving in your speech, finishing another year of therapy and preschool, and gaining independence doing things that required a lot of help in the past. We are very proud of you buddy.
You have been a fish at the pool this past summer, and have mastered hitting the ball off the tee, even moving on to hitting the ball over the fence in the backyard from pitches from Pop or Dad. You are doing such a great job on your bike with training wheels, not quite ready yet to move onto riding without training wheels. You are singing more songs, memorizing nursery rhymes and prayers, things that some kids do earlier, but you are accomplishing at your own pace.
Jack, Dad and I hope that you have a great birthday and remember that we love you so much. You are an amazing miracle, and we treasure every milestone and each obstacle you overcome, with a smile on your cute face.
Love, Mama (you have been calling me that lately for some reason) and Dad
My travel buddy! When Landon and Savvy are sound asleep, me and you whisper and laugh together. There’s no way you would sleep in the car…NEVER, not a chance!
Jack~ the best big brother
Who could resist this smile?! I know I can’t!
No comments:
Post a Comment