Saturday, August 25, 2012

Savannah is Three!

025 (3)

Happy Birthday sweetie!

Dear Savannah,

On your special day, you woke up with a big smile and asked for your orange juice right away like you always do.  You knew it was your birthday and were excited for you and Jack’s party that night. You had been wanting a Dora play kitchen for a few months and we kept telling you, “maybe for Christmas.” A few weeks before your birthday I was at home alone with all three of you kids.  I got Landon to sleep in the bouncy seat and you and Jack down for your naps.  The house was quiet and I was excited to finally get to take a shower.  Just as I was putting the shampoo in my hair, you burst through the bathroom door and screamed, “ MOM, THE MAILMAN BROUGHT ME A DORA KITCHEN!!”  You were gone in a flash.  My thoughts raced.  The UPS man must have rang the doorbell and I couldn’t hear it over the water.  I guessed you and Jack must have woken up and gone to the front door.  I assumed you were both at the front door in your undies and summer tanks just staring at the UPS truck and the driver was probably wondering where your mother was! So I did what any good mom would do.  I threw on a towel and hopped out with soapy hair and ran to the front door. Sure enough, you and Jack managed to unlock the door and were sitting on the front step in your underwear grinning from ear to ear at the big colorful box of Dora the Explorer and her kitchen.  The UPS man was sitting in his truck in front of our house watching with curiosity.  I mustered up a smile and waved.  He waved, looking amused, and drove away.  Just as he drove away, a big yellow school bus drove up.  Sure enough, Grammy got to witness this event first hand as well!  She hollered out, “do you need some help?”  I said, “ yes, park that bus and get up here!”  So Grammy came over to help me.  Your eyes were so big as you explained that the “mailman rang the doorbell and gave you and Jack the Dora kitchen.”  I gently told you that it must have been a mistake and that it was supposed to go to the little girl across the street and that we would have to take it to her.  I motioned to Grammy to put the big box in the garage while I took you and Jack inside.  You were so sad and looked so heartbroken that I almost caved in.  I told you the little girl who was supposed to get it would be so sad if we kept it.  You smiled and said, “okay Mom, maybe she will be so happy that she will let me come over and play with it!”  HA!  Savvy, you are so smart sometimes it just makes me laugh! Grammy watched you two while I finished my shower. 

Finally, a couple weeks later, we brought that Dora box up from the garage and your sleepy eyes lit up. You exclaimed, “MY DORA KITCHEN!”  You and Daddy sat right down to put it together.  I think you thanked us about twenty times that morning.

023 (3)

026 (3)

You were very excited to wear your new dress.  This is something else that is fairly new about your little personality.  You are starting to be interested in clothing and get very excited about new clothes.  I went on a shopping spree for you and Jack when Younkers had a big kids sale and basically bought you both a new wardrobe (NONE of your clothes from last fall or winter fit you!!) using coupons and Mimi’s lifetime discount card.  The night I came home and showed you your new clothes you played with the huge pile for almost two hours, arranging the outfits and looking at them, exclaiming they were “so pretty!” or “really your favorite!”.  Too funny! 

027 (3)

028 (3)

longhornfan2

Energetic and smiley

003edit (2)

Creative and funny

momandbabies

Sweet and loving

IMG_0166_edited-2-682x1024

Smart and BEAUTIFUL!

We love you Savannah Therese.  Happy third birthday to our precious girl.  The time has flown by and I can hardly believe how grown up you are.  I can’t wait to see what you are going to do with your life.  Daddy and I are so proud of you already!  XOXOXOXO

Love, Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment