Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Carroll’s Pumpkin Farm

042

We headed to Carol’s Pumpkin Farm in Grinnell last Sunday afternoon.  It was a beautiful day, nice and warm, perfect for playing outdoors.  The kids were very excited to go to the pumpkin patch, especially Jack, because he looks at the photos from last year and he knew he was in for some great fun.  Savannah just gets excited when Jack is happy about something.  We started on the hayrack ride through the farmland , out to the lake to see them slingshot pumpkins into the water.  I have no idea what I was doing at this time, since obviously I wasn’t taking photos.  It was pretty fun, we didn’t do the wagon ride last year.  It wasn’t too crowded so we really enjoyed visiting each area.

041

039

The chicken coop corn sandbox was hit with both kiddos.  Throwing corn was fun until Mom said NO!

038

019

020

The goats are always popular.  Jack can never believe how hungry these goats are!  “They hungy Mom!”  Well, those baby goats appear to be pregnant, so I think they are doing okay in the food department.

024

Savannah loved this water pump. 

021

This year I couldn’t get Jack to milk the cow.  But Savvy was all for it!

022

There was a new litter of baby kittens in the back of this small fenced area.  They were nursing and Savannah was fascinated.  She didn’t want to leave the kittens.  She wanted one.  I would love to be able to give the kids a pet, but right now, that is not going to happen.  Maybe someday a puppy.

031

Riding the cow train, next year Savvy won’t need me to hold her. 

030

Jack rode Sweet Pea last year too.

033

Savannah’s first year on the big orange pillow.  She loved it.  Last year she was too little, but this year she braved the bouncing with a smile.

035

Jack could barely stand up he was laughing so hard.  The bigger kids kept catching his jump, sending him flying.

025

Savannah had to return to the water pump one more time.

028

We capped off the night with the swings.  We visited  the tractor trikes but skipped the straw house this year.  I don’t know who has more fun at these things, me and Chris, or the kids.  We love watching them have fun and I love every minute of these family traditions we are creating. 

No comments:

Post a Comment