Okay, so how did this happen you might ask? Well, if you are the parent of two small children you might know that it is difficult to have five minutes of uninterrupted time to communicate with your spouse. Not about fun things, but about preschool snack responsibilities, balancing the checkbook, taking out the garbage, and figuring out schedules for the week. Oh, and of course, what to have for dinner the following night. So one particular evening, Chris and I are flying through our list of “must talk with spouse about” and we are standing right outside the bathroom door, listening to the kids splash and play. After a few minutes we realize it is kind of quiet and we peek in to see them in water ready to overflow. They are just sitting quietly, and I fly in to turn off the water. Jack looks up and says, “Lots of water Mom.” HA!! Chris and I couldn’t believe we let the water run that long. Whoops, next time we will save the discussion for later and save on the water bill.
They tons of fun “swimming” in their deep water pool.
A few weekends ago we had friends over for the Nebraska game. Sam and Samantha (I know, its unique) have become good friends and we love to hang out with them. The kids get along really well and I snapped a few pics of the kids before they left for the night. Samantha is a smart mom bringing pajamas with her for the late night. Isaiah and Zoey are sweethearts and played so well with Jack and Savvy that there were times we wondered what they were doing in the other room.
Jack was the lone one who didn’t stick out his tongue as directed. The night was great with exception of the Husker loss.
No comments:
Post a Comment