Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Iowa vs. ULM

We went to Iowa City for two nights at the end of September to visit Amy and Jacob in Swisher.  Greg and Roxanne watched the kids so we could go to the Iowa game and hang out with Amy and Jacob for a couple of days.  On Friday night they cooked for us, an authentic Italian dish.  It was awesome and I can’t wait to make them cook for us again!!  We had a relaxing meal and hung out in Jacob’s theater room watching football on the big screen.  Chris was a little too comfortable in that recliner. 

We got up the next morning to head to Iowa City for some tailgating before the game.  It was so great to be back in Iowa City.  I love Iowa City.  It just has a certain feel to it when you drive in.  Familiar streets, happy memories, sad memories.  Four years of dental school, one long year of residency, Jack’s injury, UIHC, friends, family, football.  So many thoughts swirling in my head whenever we go back there.  A part of me feels like I am home in Iowa City. 

303016_2193026343464_1181310086_32076997_1541534027_n

001

312687_2193024023406_1181310086_32076990_1022169522_n

294522_2193024663422_1181310086_32076992_235793261_n

I love Chris demonstrating his true love for Husker football in a not so subtle way.

317783_2193023263387_1181310086_32076987_2138075450_n

295753_2193027143484_1181310086_32076999_480659961_n

295888_2193028143509_1181310086_32077003_706601442_n

305137_2193025183435_1181310086_32076994_662785585_n

298631_2193029623546_1181310086_32077008_2022172971_n

307520_2193031183585_1181310086_32077011_424794876_n

We went out on Saturday night, and we couldn’t resist Prom poses in front of the fireplace.

310736_2193030063557_1181310086_32077009_1556912378_n

291819_2193033263637_1181310086_32077015_446742519_n

319575_2193033503643_1181310086_32077016_1226685062_n

Thanks to Amy and Jacob for hosting us.  We had a great time and I am ready to go back again, only this time with the kids in tow….Jacob has plenty of space for all of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment