Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Labor Day Weekend

004

Jack was thrilled with his birthday present; new tools from Anne and Patrick!

001

Savannah was pretty excited about her new pretties (pretend nail polish and real fingernail dryer).  Two thumbs up!

003

 

008

Savannah and I kept busy on Monday making HBO bars (Honey Bunches of Oats) and a strawberry shortcake!  These recipes came from my sister-in-laws, Anne and Rena.

009

Savannah loves to stand next to me on a chair, watching and helping, and of course, eating.

010

My marshmallows were disappearing quickly!

After baths, I encourage the kids to go get books from their rooms while I clean up the tidal wave mess in the bathroom.  They usually end up playing together in one’s room or Chris will turn on a show for them.  This particular night, Chris was gone and I turned on a show for them.  I cleaned up the bathroom and laid out their clothes for the next day.  It was pretty quiet in the bedroom and I looked down the hallway to see that they had each chosen a book and were sitting quietly, side by side, reading their books.  I was astounded.  They weren’t even watching the TV.  It was amazing to me that they picked out their books, climbed onto the bench, and were sitting so nicely without any encouragement on my part. 

011

012

When I made a big deal of how proud I was of them, they were pretty pleased with themselves!

013

I love capturing these sweet moments in time… I know it won’t be long and I will be missing my four year old son and my two year old daughter. Where is the PAUSE button in life when you really need it?

No comments:

Post a Comment