In the middle of September my sisters and I finally had our girls night out in Des Moines. We had planned it since July and due to our very busy schedules we had to plan it for September. When the date finally rolled around, I was so excited to spend some quality alone time with my sisters. We listened to music together and got ready for our night out while drinking champagne. I had a great time just getting ready in peace. Usually my mornings trying to get ready for work involve breaks to change Savannah’s poopy diapers, refereeing arguments, and cleaning up my makeup and hair stuff Savannah has gotten into. We went to dinner at a tapas restaurant, and Christina is a true foodie and she knows all the good things to order. It was delicious and I have to admit, what Christina told us to order ended up being the best! After a long dinner filled with great sister conversation we headed to Wellman’s for more drinks and dancing.
I had a bit too much fun and had a hard time getting going the next morning. I have to remind myself that I am out of practice having fun involving late nights and adult beverages. I try to hang in there though and keep up with Christina and Amy. We had a very fun night and it reminds me of how lucky I am to have two beautiful sisters who will be my close friends for the rest of my life. As we get older we rely on each other more for advice and support during difficult times. I can’t wait for the time when they get married and start families. I am ready to be a maid of honor and an aunt to my sisters’ children. I also want more cousins for my kids! I know this time will be coming soon, so for now I am enjoying the fact that my sisters have the time to spend time with my kids and are willing to help me with them. Thank you Christina and Amy for our fun night!
No comments:
Post a Comment