To get Jack to get on the field this day required a lot of encouragement. It was chilly!
Two seconds before a face plant in the cold grass.
About one second before another tumble.
Down again…..he always pops right back up again though.
Nice form Jack!
We are proud of you buddy!
Jack had a hard time with his first two soccer games this fall. He seemed very nervous about playing, acting shy and clingy to me, unlike the way he acted in the spring with indoor soccer at Marshalltown. He was very tired by his 2:00 game time, since he is such an EARLY RISER, up most mornings by 5:30. Chris and I think it might have been just a touch overwhelming to have grandmas and grandpas come to watch him play. His third game was better. I took him by ourselves and he napped for an hour before his 3:00 game. I was so relieved he wanted to play. Parents stare enough at his helmet, they really stare when he’s curled up in my lap on the sidelines saying he wants to go home. After his third game he said, “Mom, I had so much fun playing soccer today!” with a grin on his face. Yayyyy Jack!
No comments:
Post a Comment