I never thought we would be renting a house at this point in our lives. We bought the townhouse in Iowa City, our very first home purchase, and our house in Marshalltown. I don’t think Chris or I thought we would ever rent again, but here we are, renting. It is funny how life works out sometimes….we are actually very grateful we had this opportunity to rent, since buying a home in a huge rush would not have been a good idea. Our landlords are a very nice couple with three children, and they are happy to have a family to rent instead of having it sit empty. Their plan is to put the house on the market when we are ready to move out.
Our housing plan as of right now is to buy a very coveted 1.25 acre lot on the North side of town. It is on the outskirts of Sioux City at the top of a hill, on the end of a cul-de-sac. All I will say for now is that it is often all about who you know… and we just might have an “in.” We will see. If we cannot purchase this lot, then it looks like we will be house hunting or looking for another lot.
It is fun to look back at photos of the places you lived. I love to see the photos of our houses we lived in over the years, from the trailer house that my parents lived in when Christina was a baby, to our farm house in Granville, to Grandpa and Grandma’s big red brick house on Jackson St. Here are some pictures of the rental house (none of Landon’s room, already posted those).
Jack and Savannah’s Room (courtesy of IKEA and my friend Jamie)
Chris and Jack put the airplane together from Amazon and hung the flags from Land of Nod
Chris stripped wallpaper and painted the kids’ bathroom
Our bedroom, very cozy. ie; SMALL
The master bath, ha ha, it is so small there is nothing master about it. Chris and I literally cannot both stand in it at the same time.
The basement toyroom
Guest bathroom
Laundry room with the cupboard I can’t even reach
Living room
No comments:
Post a Comment