Here is little Landon’s room! I am really happy with the way it turned out considering this is a rental house. Chris and I took down ugly brown wallpaper and Chris painted it a sunny yellow. I can’t deny the part of me that just LOVES bright colors. They just make me happy and awake and alive.
I found the curtains, rug and lamp at Target. The bedding is from Pottery Barn and we special ordered the chair. All the white furniture is the same….it has been good furniture holding up for three babies! The leaf canopy is from IKEA and some family members think it is a little strange….but I like it!! I would have loved to have the painter from Iowa City that painted for us in Iowa City and in Marshalltown, but she is just too far away now. She would have done amazing things with Landon’s walls using the theme. I had to settle for wall stick appliques. We found some cute accessories, books, stuffed caterpillar, and toys from various places. I love the natural light that comes into this room and how warm it is for our little guy.
This photo was a compromise! They were fighting over who got to hold him. I told them they could both hold him and have to learn to SHARE their baby brother.
I love this one because it really shows how the kids are all the time around Landon. They adore him. Jack uses his sweet “baby Landon” voice and is so soft and gentle, whispering in his ear. Savannah is a bit louder, always trying to make him laugh, and often disappointed because he hasn’t learned how to do that yet.
Four weeks old
Faux hawk
“Maybe I will be a dentist with these BIG hands of mine!”
This picture makes me think of Jack’s newborn photos on his light blue chair, and Savannah’s baby pictures on her hot pink chair. I remember taking many pictures of them as they grew in their chairs and the countless hours spent snuggling and reading books together. I am so excited to watch Landon grow in his chair and read to him at night before bed. The years go by so quickly. I have to remind myself to cherish every moment.
No comments:
Post a Comment