I took Savannah to see a performance of Beauty and the Beast on December 4th. It was her first time going to a real play. She had seen a movie before in the theatre but nothing like this. We picked out her dress the week before. We narrowed down the choices to two, and she finally chose based upon the headband she found that matched. She was so excited and we talked about it for days beforehand, actually counting down the days until the show.
The bottom of the dress is so pretty….splashes of coral. And her tights and shoes were adorable too. I had a long Tuesday at work and rushed home in time to quickly eat and get ready together. She let me curl her hair at the bottom. I have never curled her hair before either!! It used to curl in ringlets on its own….now that it is so long it is just a soft wave naturally. She requested some lip gloss too and of course I said yes. She looked beautiful.
We were a touch late getting to the theatre. We arrived just as they were dimming the lights for the start of the performance. It was a pretty full house so I made her stand up on her seat to take a quick photo. We had people on either side of us so I couldn’t quite capture her whole outfit. I wish I would have made Chris take our picture together before we left but you can imagine, Landon was crying, Jack was whiny because he didn’t get to go….everyone’s hands were full.
The show was wonderful. I enjoyed every bit of it. I loved having Savannah on my lap, watching her facial expressions in profile as the characters on the stage made her smile and laugh. Every few minutes she would turn and whisper a question in my ear. Always an intelligent question, one that makes me feel proud that she is so darn smart.
At the intermission she was disappointed there were no candy treats for kids. We visited the fancy bathroom and found our seats again. Into the second act I could tell she was going to fall asleep. We had four blocks to walk back to the car parked at Pop’s office. I had on heels. Savannah is heavy. So, I gently woke her and asked what kind of treat she wanted and of course she grinned and said “Cherry Berry!” So we snuck out early and ran to the car holding hands.
At Cherry Berry, with strawberry yogurt on her face, chewing a gummy bear vigorously, she said, “You’re the best Mom!” I smiled and said, “You’re the best Savannah!” We had the place to ourselves so we acted silly and talked about the play and our favorite parts. We headed home and Savvy was so excited to tell Daddy about the play. Jack was already in bed, so we quickly put on jammies and our little girl was sound asleep in minutes.
It was a wonderful night. One I will always remember. I am so blessed to have a daughter, especially one who is so full of personality, spunk, and is such a loving child. I love you Savannah Therese.
No comments:
Post a Comment