We went to the mall in mid December to do some Christmas shopping, have lunch, and visit Santa. We brought all three children. It was interesting.
We visited Santa first. This was the first time Jack and Savannah had ever visited and sat on Santa’s lap. I think I was more excited than they were. We waited in line for just a few minutes before it was their turn. I asked Jack what he was going to say to Santa. He said he was going to tell him, “Merry Christmas Santa." I thought that was the sweetest thing ever, considering most kids probably just told him what they wanted as gifts.
They were both shy as they walked up to him. Jack reached out and touched one finger of his white gloves. They both wished him a Merry Christmas and then climbed up on his lap. Jack asked for a grocery cart and a new mower for Pop. Savannah asked for a Dora dollhouse, a princess puzzle, and a Hello Kitty puzzle.
Even though this pic is fuzzy, I love it because that is what Savvy used to do with her finger in pictures when she was a baby.
This was the shot the mall captured. I snapped it with my iphone.
Pretty darn cute if you ask me.
We took Lolli and Pop to Santa’s brunch at the country club the following weekend. The kids were pretty pumped to see Santa again. They didn’t question why Santa looked different. I was surprised Jack didn’t say anything. He is Mr. Perceptive about changes in appearance.
We had a great time. The food was delicious and the kids took home treats from Santa. To be honest I kept looking around for Sam and Samantha, our two wonderful friends who introduced us to the Marshalltown country club. I have great memories of when Marshalltown actually became fun when we met them and their kids. I miss them so much, and I wish they lived here in Sioux City. Sam would love the Sioux City golf course. Jack and Savannah miss Zoey and Isaiah too. And Leyton and Landon haven’t even met yet!
The good news is their family is planning a long weekend trip to Sioux City to visit us this summer. We are so excited because we will be in our new house with plenty of room to host them. Chris is looking forward to golfing with Sam, and Samantha and I are going to take all six of our babes swimming. We can’t wait!!
No comments:
Post a Comment